Friday, December 10, 2010

An Explanation

I would like to take the opportunity to thank anyone who is actually reading this post.  What I would like to do first is explain the title of this blog.  72 Hours of Bliss comes from my belief that if I was put in charge of the world things would be great for about 3 days before everything just went to crap.
I really don't have any specific agenda in creating this blog, I plan to use it as a way to comment on current news and events, express opinions, and I have the feeling the big one will be commenting on things that either piss me off or that I find funny.
To start off, I went to Wendy's to pick up dinner tonight and I encountered something that I had never seen or heard of at a fast food restaurant before.  When I first pulled up to the drive thru speaker the guy taking orders asked me to wait a minute.  Not all that unusual but the wait ended up being a little bit longer than normal and I was sitting with my window open, ready to order, and getting very cold.  When I got up to the window the guy explained that they had just had a woman pull up and order 20 double stacks and it created a backlog for them.  Who orders 20 hamburgers at once?  How many people are you trying to feed?  As far as I am concerned, if you need that much food you have two options which I will now list in order of preference:
1: Call ahead.  You need to give restaurants advance notice if you are going to need an extreme amount of food.  Think 6 foot party subs or a table of 25.  I think that 20 hamburgers falls into the category of extreme amount of food that should be called in ahead of time.
2: Go inside.  I can't be the only one who feels that the purpose of the drive thru window is to pick a number and move on so everybody can just get on with their day?

No comments:

Post a Comment